We are in contact with many Ukrainians who want to come to the UK under the Homes for Ukraine Scheme.Register to be a Lead Sponsor
We are now looking for Lead Sponsors to work with us under our Communities for Ukraine programme (in partnership with Citizens UK). A Lead Sponsor must represent at least 3 other families in their community who can also offer homes. The Lead Sponsor will be supported by Citizens UK and USPUK in matching Ukrainians with themselves and their other host families.
If you are already housing a Ukrainian family, you can still be a Lead Sponsor if you can vouch for another 3 families in your community.
Please register your interest in becoming a Lead Sponsor below.
So, what is a Lead Sponsor?
- Lead Sponsors will host a Ukrainian family or individual (if they are able to) and will vouch for and coordinate at least 3 other host households in their community.
- Lead Sponsors should be acquainted to the other hosts, maybe through work, local groups, faith organisations or any other similar organisations.
What are your responsibilities as a Lead Sponsor?
- Be the linchpin of the community network, acting as coordinator and working with both USPUK and Citizens UK.
- Ensure that hosts receive the training and resources they need to support their guests (training and resources will be provided by USPUK and Citizens UK).
- Support and supervise hosts and their guests during their time together.
- Check in on Ukrainian guests, and alert USPUK if any issues are to arise.
- Work with members of your community, rely on one another, and provide guests with a tight knit community of Ukrainians and hosts on their arrival in the UK.
- Treating each applicant the same and not passing any judgment or rejecting any applicant based on gender, race, political or religious preferences
What is the process of becoming a Lead Sponsor?
- Register to become a Lead Sponsor on our website.
- Send us your letter of recommendation.
- Organise a call with one of our consultants.
- Provide information on the 3 additional hosts (or more!) in your network.
- Be matched with your guests.
- Be supported by USPUK and Citizens UK throughout the visa, travel, and placement process.